Forum

no more craigslist add's

just did a search on craigslist personals adds. instead of the add's all i see is a notice that congress passed some kinda fosta act & they don't wanna put up add's anymore because of it. something about sex trafficing which i agree should be fought but it means no more craigslist personals add's at least for now. not that i ever got lucky from them but just saying...... does anyone know anything about this?

Hi sysper,

I'm just now finding-out about this. Just moments ago, I wrote that it was fake news on bisexual dot com. Now that I've done the click-through, I realize you're right. Here's what the CL webpage says....

US Congress just passed HR 1865, "FOSTA", seeking to subject websites to criminal and civil liability when third parties (users) misuse online personals unlawfully.

Any tool or service can be misused. We can't take such risk without jeopardizing all our other services, so we are regretfully taking craigslist personals offline. Hopefully we can bring them back some day.

To the millions of spouses, partners, and couples who met through craigslist, we wish you every happiness!

yes the links are still there but they all point to that statement. it seems more like the law was written so there could be someone to sue & craigslist just covering their ass.